Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SDC 276 Stencil It!

This month Stampotique is collaborating with Eileen Hull. We were given some very wonderful die cuts to play with, not the least of which was this wonderful Passport Book cut. I admit, I was a bit perplexed at first as, I have never bound a book in my life. It was for certain a learning curve, but in the end I am pleased with the results.
I decided to create a recipe book/journal. I used one of our new release images from Daniel Torrente at Stampotique. Don't you just love this adorable stove?? It has myriad possibilities.
I used several stencils on this book and I love how each page turned out. The words were created using our Alphabet Background. I stamped the background and then cut each stamped letter out to create each word. I regret that my ink was running low, but I kind of like the distressed look.
For the first two pages I, of course, used stencils, also an envelope and more stamps. I used Tera Callihan's Cupcake Girl from Stampotique and more words from my alpha stamping. I love how the cupcake girl pops off of the stenciled background.
So for this page, of course, more stenciling as well as Stampotique's cupcake (from Terri Richardson). How much more perfect could a cupcake be for a food book? Especially one this scrumptious! See the tab here and the latch and label on the book? Those also came with the journal from Eileen.
I like how happy and cheerful the book is. .Would make me want to cook! And I am not that good of a cook, haha. Just ask my little boy! ;)

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team as well. Lots of beautiful work to be sure! Also, make sure you join our Facebook page in order to see much more inspiration as well as ATC swaps monthly! 

Ingredients:
Eileen Hull Passport Book Die Cuts
Copic Markers
Dylusions Keyholes Small Stencil
Balzar Designs Mini Numbers Stencil
Faber Castell Arrows Stencil
Heidi Swapp Triangles Stencil
Dina Wakely Acrylic Paint
Lindy's Spray Ink
Color Box Black Ink
Pom Pom Trim (target)




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful whimsical creation! Eileen's new Journal die never looked better! I really love the bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete