Saturday, May 6, 2017

Word Up Weekend!

So, this week my word up weekend post is a bit more serious. Sympathy cards are not something we like to think about having a need for, but it IS something that is needed. I am, however, still just outside the box enough to not use calm colors I WILL be creating something more calm but not this time.

In the past when someone close to me passed away I really felt like the endless parade of bland cards, while sweet and thoughtful, were just as depressing as the thing I was going through. That is why I used bright colors for this card. While we know that someone you care about passing on is an incredibly sad thing, a bright spot in your day while grieving can mean the world.

So, out came the copics. It took a few tries to get the look I was going for. Too long with no practice! I MUST put that on my list of things to do this year. COLOR with my COPICS more!
In the end, I used one of my Dylusions backgrounds I really loved the purple with the yellow and how it set off the wing circle. Did I mention that this sentiment circle is from our latest May release? The wing AND the sentiment come together. 2 for 1? Yes!!
I figured that the stamps needed to speak for themselves so I tried to keep the card simple over-all. I hope against hope that I will never need to use this card, but if the time does come when this card is needed, I hope that the person receiving it will enjoy the bright spot in their day.

Ingredients:
Sympathy Circle: Stampotique
Dylusions Ink Sprays
Color Box Ink
Copic Markers
Bakers Twine
Adhesive Gems

No comments:

Post a Comment