Tuesday, November 1, 2016

ATC! Approach With Caution!

OKay, I am back! With more ATCs! Seriously, I never realized how therapeutic creating an ATC could be. When you don't have a lot of time but really have the itch to create, these little cards are just about perfect. 

I love this cactus stamp from Stampotique and had a lot of fun envisioning a sunset, desert sky for the background.

The background orange and pinks were created with dylusions sprays. Love how the colors gradated. The sunburst is a Tim Holtz stencil (rays) that I just love and use quite a bit, with Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic paint and I love how the paint just sticks in place and shows all of the details of the stencil.
 I colored the cactus with my copic markers. I am having fun getting reacquainted with them. I have been using watercolor pencils quite a bit and have really started missing my copics. I mixed the copics with a Prima marker, which, surprisingly I love almost as much as my copic markers. They blend very well!
Annnnd, of course, when around cacti in the desert PLEASE approach with caution. ;) 

Ingredients:

Prickly Pear Cactus (Stampotique)
Approach With Caution (Stampotique)
Tim Holtz Rays Stencil
Dina Wakely Acrylic Paint
Copic Markers
Ranger Black Archival Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment