Wednesday, October 5, 2016

SDC #258 Favorite Quote

When I was younger, I had a Tigger (yes, tigger) notebook that I used to write down every inspirational quote that meant something to me. I must still have it somewhere. Anyway, I kind of wish I still knew where it was. This week we are continuing our theme at Stampotique, which is, "favorite quote". Luckily, Stampotique has a lot of fun and inspirational quote stamps.

This one, "Color Her Soul" really spoke to me. It needed to be a wall hanging. It is a larger stamp so that worked out well. Moth Fab seemed like the perfect girl to be paired with this sentiment. 

And, of course, Moth Fab got the watercolor pencil treatment as well as a white paint pen to make her pop. Love using mixed colors on her. 

Its no secret that I have really gotten into mixed media over the last couple of years, and this is no exception. For this wall hanging I used Dina Wakely heavy bodied acrylic paint as well as some other acrylic paint. For the texture on the background I used Diane Revealy's "large triangle" stencil and Ranger texture paste. 
Loved how all of these elements came together to tell a story and back up the sentiment. Went a little heavy on the accessories, but I think they work. Even stiffened some bakers twine to create a fun detail behind the flowers.
Be sure to check out all of the other beautiful projects (see the DT on the left bar of this page) and then enter our challenge!!! 

Ingredients:

Stamp: Moth Fab
Dina Wakely Heavy Bodied Acrylic Paint
Prima Handmade Flowers
Ranger Texture Paste
Ranger Archival Ink
Watercolor Pencils
Bakers Twine
Sequins
Adhesive Pearls, Paper Studio
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Chalkboard
Various Washi Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment