Saturday, May 21, 2016

Make Someone Happy

I don't think that it is any secret that I seriously enjoy working with Julie Nutting's paper dolls, so here I am again, with a prima card. I actually am entering another challenge as well, for the 7 kids college fund. The theme is "anything goes(#152)" which totally works for me!! Especially since they sell ALL kinds of Prima Dolls! Woot!

I decided to make yet another card. I found these tall, skinny cards and knew they were perfect for these dolls. Yes, they need extra postage but that is a small price to pay. No worries!

I found a gorgeous stack of 6 x 6 crate paper (Pretty Party) and bought it specifically for my prima dolls. The prints inside are great for doll clothing!! I got this at Tuesday Morning, FYI.
I also used a couple of papers from other collections as well but the bulk came from this book. The flower is a prima flower (also from Tuesday Morning). Love their distressed look. The pearls were Hobby Lobby brand and the doily was a dollar pack from...maybe Michael's...not sure. 

I love adding dimension to my dolls. I popped out her bangs and parts of her skirt as well. I cut my foam squares in half because I didn't want them sticking out too terribly far. The dimension kinda adds life to the card, I think. 
And here is the lovely prima flower and the quote. I believe the quote was from Cosmo Cricket. 
Hope this makes YOU happy to see today!! Super tired allergy eyes over here today, but I am glad I took the time to create this card. It will be a great one to send to someone special!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the paper piecing you did for this card! What a neat idea.
    Thanks for playing with us this week at
    http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete