Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Its Summertime!

While most kids in middle TN are already out on break, my Noah still has 2 days after today left. I love his modified schedule, but now I am worried about how to keep him busy this summer!!

I am a part of a fun group of ATC swappers in a group called, ATC Swap-a-palooza over on facebook. You should check them out! I am gaining quite the collection of art from around the world. Its so great!

The theme for the lastest swap was, Mixed Media Summer. Um, sign this mama up! Fo Sho!! I actually pulled out a "Stampin Up!" set. Can you believe it?!? This set is called, "fishy friends" and it survived the many stamp purges from over the years. It was perfect.

I also knew that, for this mixed media project I wanted to try something a little bit different and add some different texture. I had this pink mesh ribbon and it was perfect! I painted it over with gesso and when it was dry, I painted it with Ken Oliver's Liquid Metal. I LOVE the colors and loved the golden sheen in the green (cut grass). 
For the bubbles I used texture paste and Dylusions Chequred Circles stencil. The words are from a Tim Holtz sticker pack (the seasonal one) and of course, sequins underwater. Dylusions sprays and Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals made the background pop.

In the end, it wasn't exactly what I envisioned but I love it just as much as my original plan. Sometimes you have to go withh the flow. I hope my swap partner loves this as much as I do. I suppose I will find out in about a week! Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: