Sunday, December 28, 2014

Aprons For Christmas

I believe that anyone who is friends or family of mine eventually ends up with an apron. Its just how I roll.

This year I made 3 aprons. 2 for friends, and one was a commission. I have come so far in my sewing and I have so far to go.

First I made an apron for my best friend, sister from another mister, Susan. She loves owls, like I do. I had to make her a fun wintery apron since she bakes and cooks so much, especially this time of year. I found this sparkly, winter owl fabric and had to use it for her.



The next apron was for another dear crafting friend of mine that has become more than a crafting buddy. We have a lot of fun and good conversation together. She loves elephants and I searched high and low for a good elephant fabric. That proved to be difficult since most of the fabric I found was very obviously for a baby or nursery, but  I finally found this adorable fabric that was as colorful as Kristy is.

I had to try it in. I was pretty excited with how the colors work together. She finally got to open it last  night and I think it was a hit. I hope it was a hit!

This last apron was a commission for a sweet co-worker of mine who has a 5 year old daughter who is very much into baking. Its been awhile since I made a child's apron so I was excited to get to make another one AND to have an excuse to go shop for girlie fabric. I think it turned out extremely cute.


I am in LOVE with this color combo and will for sure be using it again. Also, see my new dress form?? I have a lot to learn for sewing real clothing, but I am excited to get started! 

I am so glad to finally share these projects with you. It has been SO HARD not to blog the last 2 months because of spoilers!
Now that Christmas and birthdays have come and gone I am free to share! Ya!!! I hope that your christmas and whatever holiday you might celebrate was wonderful! Looking forward to a new and brighter year!

No comments:

Post a Comment