Thursday, February 27, 2014

Baking Party

I got to help do some stuff for a GIRL birthday party! WOOHOO! It was fun to let loose and go girly for a bit!

The theme was bakery/baking. This particular little girl loves all things girly and frilly so it made it ever MORE fun to play around with making things.

The first thing her mother requested was a banner that said, "Jadis' Bakery". I, of course, whipped out my Cricut Expression and got to work.

For the banner shapes, I used the cartridge, Independence Day. Then, I used "Story Book" for the lettering. Some of the ribbons are vintage lace and ribbons from a garage sale last summer. Tulle was also from a yard sale. I am all about a good deal, lemme tell ya!

I also made some flowers out of the cupcake liners and another couple lacy doily banners for fun. 


I think it all came together nicely in the end! the flowers we affixed to some paper bags to use for goodie bags. They were filled with a whisk, a box of cake mix, a pot holder and a straw. Awesome haul!
 We threaded cupcake liners and made table decor with them too. Since the fishing line was too stretchy we had to do some tweaking, but it worked great.

And then, of course, a photo booth. Thank you Goodwill sheet and fun doily banner! So much fun! I missed taking pics of a few of the other things that I managed to do, but it really was great! 

Now, on to start planning Noah's 8th party (which...is ONLY 10 MONTHS AWAY) Hahaha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment