Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Pockets

The other week, my husband brought home some wine in these neat, long paper bags. I was so excited! Not about the wine...but about the bags. Haha. I begged him to let me have them. I could see pockets for Smash*booking!
So, this afternoon I set to work on making some shabby/cute pocket baggies for my Smash*books.

I cut each bag into either 3 or 4 sections, depending on what size I wanted, but most ended up being around 4 inches tall. Some a little larger.

I cut the front section down by about an inch and then trimmed the lower front edge and the back edge to mimic the original top of the bag with zig zag scissors.
For the sections that had no bottom, I added a strip of strong adhesive to the inside bottom edge and adhered it shut.  
Then, I got to work stamping and playing. I used the stamps that I made out of erasers. Check out that post here. I have been itching to use them for a sweet project! 


I used mostly Versa brand inks. Petunia, Tea Leaves, and Tuxedo. I also used Memories White Dye Ink as well as a multicolored Ranger Pigment pad (gold and silver). I think I will def be investing in a new white pad, as well as some gold and silver ink not in a multi-color pad so that it is easier to use. 





I am super excited with the results and can't wait to start using them! I still have a few more to make, but it will have to wait until another day. This mama is sick and needs to go hang out on the couch for a few. Not anything too bad. Just a cold. Second week of school and the germs are already flying. Going to be a great year! ::insert eye roll here:: 

Happy weekend, one and all!


2 comments: